The Traditional way to pray the rosary is to make the sign of the cross, then starting at the cross say the Apostles Creed. After this say the Lord’s Prayer. On the antiphon beads say the Hail Mary prayer. Then say the Glory be prayer. After this say Hail Mary untill you reach a separated or larger bead. Say Our father on each one of the larger, or separated beads, then announce the mystery, followed by Glory Be.
Sometimes people say this prayer on the large beads as well.
“O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of your mercy.”
When you have finished praying the decades five times then you should say the Hail Holy Queen Prayer followed by
Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray: O God, whose only-begotten Son, by his life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech thee, that while meditating on these mysteries of the most holy Rosary, of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
The Five Joyful Mysteries
Monday & Saturday
- The Annunciation: Humility
- The Visitation: Charity
- The Birth of Our Lord: Poverty, or detachment from the world
- The Presentation of Our Lord: Purity of heart, obedience
- The Finding of Our Lord in the Temple: Piety
The Five Sorrowful Mysteries
Tuesday & Friday
- The Agony in the Garden: Contrition for our sins
- The Scourging at the Pillar: Mortification of our senses
- The Crowning with Thorns: Interior mortification
- The Carrying of the Cross: Patience under crosses
- The Crucifixion and Death of Our Lord: That we may die to ourselves
The Five Glorious Mysteries
Wednesday & Sunday
- The Resurrection: Conversion of heart
- The Ascension: A desire for heaven
- The Coming of the Holy Ghost: The Gifts of the Holy Ghost
- The Assumption of our Blessed Mother into Heaven: Devotion to Mary
- The Coronation of our Blessed Mother: Eternal happiness
The Five Luminous Mysteries
- The Baptism in the Jordan
- The Wedding at Cana
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom
- The Transfiguration
- The Institution of the Eucharist